Strong co-teaching relationships are the underpinnings for a seamless and manageable instructional environment. Planned and orchestrated instruction, the result of team effort, combined with a sound learning environment leverages students as equal partners in a winning educational pact. This course will prepare teachers to work collaboratively on mutual goals and student learning objectives in a team effort. The benefits of such effort are numerous and include: positive and scholarly collegial exchanges focused on student-centered goals and objectives, planned and orchestrated communication among each other and with students, analysis and use of data to plan effective instruction with.
- Plan collaboratively using protocols specific to effective communication that results in higher understanding and action steps.
- Collaboratively analyze student data to identify learning gaps and develop action steps.
- Set mutual student learning objectives and plan around those objectives with strategy.
Clinical Educator Training: Teacher Support Specialist
This 60-hour course will develop effective mentoring and coaching competencies while demonstrating how to collect and analyze multiple data to develop a systematic approach for aiding teachers in more effectively addressing student needs. Feedback and communication protocols will develop professional performance and will include training in basic interpersonal communications. Systematic conference procedures to be applied in supervising, mentoring, and coaching roles will be of primary importance. This course is the online framework for field-based interactions designed to apply feedback protocols, data collection and analysis methods, and add to skills in evaluating professional development plans to assure they are implemented with fidelity and effectiveness. A case scenario and practice exercises will culminate the clinical experience.
- Understand how to support new teachers, teachers new to districts, and teachers at-risk through research-based methods and resources.
- Develop strategies for effective data collection methods.
- Develop strategies for effective feedback, conferring, and overall communication.
- Practice the art of mentoring and cognitive coaching with student achievement as the focus.
- Understand and practice with effective feedback strategies, refine them, and develop resulting action plans.
- Set and meet milestones for success through a case scenario and practice exercises embedding newly acquired supervisory, mentor, and coaching skills.